Female dogs, in season out of season.

E

egoldstein

To keep from polluting another topic with a side-conversation, I've copied a couple of quotes and started a new thread.

Please keep in mind some of the context of the original quotes are not retained here. If you have something to add to the discussion, kindly join in.

I have encountered many times of people asserting that while a male dog can consent to sex at any time, female dogs are only interested when in season/estrus/heat, which I do not entirely agree with.

.. since female doggos can't really have sex comfortably except during their estrus...

Umm, do you have any facts to back this assertion? I know many female dogs who appear to enjoy sex in or out of heat quite a bit. They can take a bit more stimulation when not in heat to get in the mood, but that's half the fun.

All the female dogs I've had were never interested in mating with my male dogs outside of their heat. I had a mini doxie who would growl at my boy mini doxie whenever he humped her, unless she was in heat.

I don't know why, but I know of bitches who will shutdown a male dog in seconds, but who are otherwise receptive to a human they know well. My girls know how to say no, they do so from time to time, but they also say yes sometimes, even when not in heat.

So, do you think I am raping my dogs? If I rub and lick her vulva and stimulate her so she starts humping and grinding, then mount her without holding her, and afterward she is playful with zoomies, playbows, and the usual characteristics of a happy, well adjusted dog in a good mood, is that not an indication that she has probably enjoyed the activity?

Let me throw one glaring fact out to start this off. I don't have a knot nor does any other human male. Bitches need the hormones of heat to expand and strengthen their vagina before a knot stretches it. It's very similar to the way hormones prepare it for birth. Without this preparation, sex with a male dog is extremely painful. Since I don't do that, sex with me, even out of heat, is a lot more pleasurable.

I can only speak as a person that is a little familiar with being around female dogs mating with their own kind. I have seen them reject male dogs even when in heat, but have seen them get into harsh fights with male dogs that tried mating them when they were not in heat.

The actions that you describe tend to say that your bitch is happy and enjoys your actions.

To keep from polluting another topic with a side-conversation, I've copied a couple of quotes and started a new thread.

Please keep in mind some of the context of the original quotes are not retained here. If you have something to add to the discussion, kindly join in.

I have encountered many times of people asserting that while a male dog can consent to sex at any time, female dogs are only interested when in season/estrus/heat, which I do not entirely agree with.

Umm, do you have any facts to back this assertion? I know many female dogs who appear to enjoy sex in or out of heat quite a bit. They can take a bit more stimulation when not in heat to get in the mood, but that's half the fun.

I don't know why, but I know of bitches who will shutdown a male dog in seconds, but who are otherwise receptive to a human they know well. My girls know how to say no, they do so from time to time, but they also say yes sometimes, even when not in heat.

So, do you think I am raping my dogs? If I rub and lick her vulva and stimulate her so she starts humping and grinding, then mount her without holding her, and afterward she is playful with zoomies, playbows, and the usual characteristics of a happy, well adjusted dog in a good mood, is that not an indication that she has probably enjoyed the activity?
Thanks for starting this thread egoldstein...I asked dogluver101 a related question (basically how receptive to sex bitches are apt to be when not in heat) on his "A Complete Guide To Bitch Sex", but so far haven't gotten any replies.

I've been fortunate to have marefriends that enjoy sex year round outside their estrus cycles, and I am seriously considering getting my first bitch soon, and was curious about this topic. To be clear I enjoy the company of dogs even without the possibility of sex (in other words, I'm not looking for just a fuck toy), but still, it's helpful to know what to expect.

Would a female dog like (or not like) anal sex, depending on the heat cycle? (In other words, can someone have anal sex with a female dog at any time of year?)

My dog is less inclined to "ask for it" out of heat, but will still initiate it occasionally. She will hump when I enter or tease, mounts my back and humps with stimulation to orgasm (often repeatedly), pulsates during sex (especially if I just stay in deep), and shows signs she is super playful and excited after she "got hers". If she doesn't want to play she just walks away or curls up. I usually let her hump me first to make sure she was interested, and she often likes to be standing anyways.

My dog is less inclined to "ask for it" out of heat, but will still initiate it occasionally. She will hump when I enter or tease, mounts my back and humps with stimulation to orgasm (often repeatedly), pulsates during sex (especially if I just stay in deep), and shows signs she is super playful and excited after she "got hers". If she doesn't want to play she just walks away or curls up. I usually let her hump me first to make sure she was interested, and she often likes to be standing anyways.

damnit, i wish my girl would hump _me_ ... :/

Dogs are individuals. Some only like sex in heat. Some are never comfortable with any sex even in heat (but that's very rare), still some others will take sex all the time. I've found that some bitches need a heat to understand how amazing sex is, then most of them will be receptive out of heat too. It isn't a sure thing though. Try to show her a good time, every time, and she *might* start asking for her treat! Don't take it for granted though.

When I first had sex with a dog, she did not have estrus and she still accepted me with pleasure. The most important thing is foreplay. Like women, they are very fond of being caressed.

I do not think you are a rapist, OP. You are giving your dogs foreplay and such. They show behavior of wanting it. It's always up to the dog. Sex is a two way street, always.

What made me concerned is that it seemed the person in that other thread was having sex very frequently, or he made it sound that way. I cannot really imagine a female dog wanting sex every single day, multiple times a day (I am familiar with the libido of a man). Don't they get sore like human females do?

I do not think you are a rapist, OP. You are giving your dogs foreplay and such. They show behavior of wanting it. It's always up to the dog. Sex is a two way street, always.

What made me concerned is that it seemed the person in that other thread was having sex very frequently, or he made it sound that way. I cannot really imagine a female dog wanting sex every single day, multiple times a day (I am familiar with the libido of a man). Don't they get sore like human females do?
Of course, a dog cannot want sex as a man or woman, but if you find the right approach to it and be patient, it will be very happy to take caresses and not refuse sex.

So yes you can have sex with girl dogs at any time you want? That sounds much less stressedful. I thought they only mated while in heat but good to know not true. They'd want sex more than womens then!

Honestly, I am not really a believer in the idea of "consent" as a deontological notion. I think in terms of facts.

If I love someone, then it is natural for me to care whether or not I have distressed that person. Love is deeply linked with empathy, and as a consequence, the thought of distressing someone else would also deeply distress me. This is just a biological function of the "mirror neuron" activity that occurs when I am thinking about a face that is linked with acutely elevated extra-cellular oxytocin. I think that we could probably map this actually happening on an fMRI. As a matter of actual fact, if I would intentionally distress that person, then one could reasonably conclude that I did not actually love that person at all, regardless of that person's species. When you do something to a person that person clearly does not want you to do, then it always deeply distresses that person, so it is extremely unlikely that you would ever do so if you really had loving intentions in what you were doing. We do not need a deontological notion like the idea of "consent" in order to explain this, and I utterly spurn the idea that we should.

If you genuinely love your animal, then I honestly doubt that you would distress you animal on purpose. I put that conditional there. It is still absolutely possible that you only like your dog for the sex, but I hope that that is not the case. Only you can really answer that, and it is up to you and only you whether you answer truthfully or not.

Therefore, while I can only take you at your word here on the Internet, I don't really think that I have a clear basis for accusing you of doing anything with your animal at all except out of purest of love, and if that be the case, then I feel obligated, based on the idea of giving others the benefit of the doubt, to assume that your dog is reacting as well as possible to your actions.

I therefore would not accuse you of doing anything intentionally to distress your animal, although I would have to get to know you better, as a person, to really feel absolutely confident about the purity of your intentions. That is just normal: you are a stranger, and I barely know you even by the standards of someone that I have met on the Internet.

That's my take on it, anyhow.

Last edited:
So yes you can have sex with girl dogs at any time you want? That sounds much less stressedful. I thought they only mated while in heat but good to know not true. They'd want sex more than womens then!

not necessarily. all animals are individuals, just as we are. they're perhaps much less complicated than we are, but still individuals. SOME female dogs may be more easily aroused than SOME human women, but that's not going to be the case with every dog (or horse, or whatever your animal of interest is).

Back