Exotic erotics 3D scanning technique

oldgrey

Tourist
I noticed that EE seems to be switching from lifecasting to 3D scanning to produce their moulds, with Silver and now Jackson being produced from a 3D scan.
Does anyone know how the resulting toys compare?

I guess the scanning process is less intrusive and a bit more flexible for production, but I think the lifecast would produce very fine textures that woud get lost in scanning and printing. Probably doesn't affect how the toy feels much?
Maybe I'm just being anal about details though...

I would like to see what they can do with a Golden Retriever, a German Shepherd, and a Great Dane. The next few years should be interesting.

I would like to see what they can do with a Golden Retriever, a German Shepherd, and a Great Dane. The next few years should be interesting.
It looks like they also used 3D scanning to produce a mini and a large size for their Bernard model. The middle size still uses a mould from the original lifecast though.

I noticed that EE seems to be switching from lifecasting to 3D scanning to produce their moulds, with Silver and now Jackson being produced from a 3D scan.
Does anyone know how the resulting toys compare?

I guess the scanning process is less intrusive and a bit more flexible for production, but I think the lifecast would produce very fine textures that woud get lost in scanning and printing. Probably doesn't affect how the toy feels much?
Maybe I'm just being anal about details though...
I don't have any of the older models but I do have a scanned silver and one of the life cast dogs. The amount of details the scan has is pretty great, you can still see minute stuff like pours and wrinkles in the skin. He has some pretty close up photos on the item page if you wanted a closer look at the textures.

Back