• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Do you know how engines work?

do you know how an internal combustion engine works?

• Total voters

brennden

Tourist
If you want to learn the 2 main types of internal combustion engines work I will give you a quick explanation, and mybe even talk about engine designs.

Not sure how this is relevant, useful or important to a zoo forum. :D
But if you are dying to know:

Human engines or animal, oh sorry thought this was a zoo forum site

Not sure how this is relevant, useful or important to a zoo forum. :D
But if you are dying to know:
Im mostly just curious to know how many people understand them, because i have seeon a lot of people that dont know how they work

Spark ignition, compression ignition, two stroke, four stroke.

Inline, V, opposed cylinder, opposed piston, radial.

Wankel.

Human engines or animal, oh sorry thought this was a zoo forum site
Im honestly not trying to sound rude and now that im saying im not trying sound rude it sounds rude to me
But anyway
I've seen a lot of non zee related stuff here
Sorry if im sounding rude i dont mean it

Im mostly just curious to know how many people understand them, because i have seeon a lot of people that dont know how they work
A modern engine is a very complicated thing though. One thing is understanding the basic principle, another is the whole thing.

Worked on just about every type out there with just about every type of fuel, all follow the same principles. Just some are a little more complex than others 😅

If you want to learn the 2 main types of internal combustion engines work I will give you a quick explanation, and mybe even talk about engine designs.
As a practical matter it might be better to know why one isn't working. Could be helpful to avoid being stranded.

I have a general idea.
А mixture of air and fuel is injected into the cylinder, there the mixture ignites and repels the piston, and all this is repeated constantly. Sorry, that's all I know.

I'm a mopar guy, I enjoy rebuilding all mopar Motors. Currently working on a 440 with huge weight reduction and hoping for 400 to 500 hp NA when it's done.

I'm a mopar guy, I enjoy rebuilding all mopar Motors. Currently working on a 440 with huge weight reduction and hoping for 400 to 500 hp NA when it's done.
Dabble in a bit of everything myself. Dipping my toes into diesel more recently

Dabble in a bit of everything myself. Dipping my toes into diesel more recently
For myself and just my opinion, getting mechanical fuel pumps timed is the hardest part. Everything else is pretty similar to gas Motors. Now tuning, that's a whole part of the engine world that I have little to no experience with. My 440, im planing on doing a holly self Leaning fuel injection system.

Back