Book you most recently finished?

Where are my fellow book lovers?
I'm always looking for a new book to curl up on the couch with, and prefer personal suggestions over questionable reviews.
What book have you most recently finished? Did you love it, hate it?
If you could recommend a book for someone else to read, what would it be?

I just finished It Ends With Us by Collen Hoover. It's book one in a short series (2), but I'm looking forward to getting the second book started. It was a week long read for me. I've read quite a few of her books, this one is sitting comfortably in the top 5. It kept me engaged, always anticipating what was happening next.

My recommendation: Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. If you haven't already, avoid watching the movie. It was a drastic let down compared to the book.

Just finished a reread of Dune. Fantastic book that none of the movie adaptations to date have been able to do justice. So much of what makes the book amazing just doesn't translate well to film unfortunately. Would definitely recommend with the caution that it's a dense and rich story that takes a bit to get going. Worth it though.

Old Man's War is another favorite that I recommend. It's shorter and much more approachable for someone who hasn't read much/any scifi. Definitely some adult themes though I don't suspect the users of this site to be put off by that.

Back