Beware of manipulative owners

SigmaTheZeta

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I've run afoul of some people that claim that they are owners, and they have alluded to being "in the know" and being connected, somehow, but they put conditions on being willing to continue talking to me, like I have to accept their point-of-view that we should all be committed to living in absolute secrecy, with a culture of codes and secret door-knocks, for all of eternity, amen.

If you are a young non-owner, I would warn you that these kinds of people are manipulative and toxic, and people that have this kind of outlook are extremely bad news.

If you are not willing to try getting an animal of your own, then be willing to wait while a friendship between you and another person matures, and you eventually develop a higher level of trust over a course of years.

If someone imposes a sort of "secret door-knock" condition on you and they imply that they will give you privileges in exchange for complying with their point-of-view, then block them because that shit is how cults operate.

The only reasonable means of learning whether you can trust others is by developing a friendship over months and years, and even then, you can't be completely sure. That's just the closest you can get to being completely sure. From my point-of-view, you can choose between learning healthy long-term thinking patterns or never leaving the house again for as long as you live.

People that live based on this "secret door-knock" culture are toxic and manipulative and probably dangerous individuals. Neither they nor anybody that is associated with them are people that you ought to trust.

They are preying upon the desperation of others to get their way. Do not trust them.

I am an owner, but I am not sharing my husband with anybody, especially some stranger that answered correctly to some sort of "secret door-knock." If you asked me if I would eventually think of sharing my animals with you if you knew me for half my lifetime, I would tell you, "probably not." I do not extend promises to you for the sake of controlling you. I wouldn't want you to do me any special favors or accept special conditions for me to be willing to know you.

Other owners, if you are willing to share your animals with strangers, I think you're nuts. A woman was arrested in Oklahoma City because she was sharing her animals, and then she was upset because the shelter wouldn't let her have her animals back.

Instead, encourage younger zoophiles in your life to stay gainfully employed, and teach them how to find a responsible and humane breeder that you trust. If you are also a breeder, then don't ever give them an animal unless they pay a fair price for it that they should expect from any other self-respecting breeder. Our animals are not things we ought to use to get personal leverage with other zoos. They are our husbands and wives that we love.

This one guy came across as very manipulative. He made me very nervous. He was the reason why I once blew my top here at the HSUS and made a fool of myself, because I wanted to lash out at whatever force I felt like I could blame for screwing him up this bad. I finally told him cut that shit out because he was making me nervous, and he blocked me because he obviously wasn't going to get his way. He was showing no respect at all for my personal autonomy. He was obviously only continuing to respond to me because he hoped he could get his hooks into me.

He might not have really been as mentally sick as he came across as, but I had red flags going up all over the place! Manipulative people freak me out!

Good safety advice there. Generally, it's a bad idea to share animals. Just get your own. Don't trust people who pimp out animals, especially men looking for women. Very dangerous situation both to your life and your freedom.
Very True - You would be surprised at how man messages I get here from people asking me if I will share my guys. Of course there is no way That I ever will and since it is easy to get your own I see no reason to share.

I have met and shared experiences with my dogs over the years. That's how I look at it, a shared experience we both had. That said, I don't just meet up with the first person who sends me an email with "Let your dog fuck me!". I always take the time to see if the other party is genuine and we are all compatible. I look at it no different that any other person with a similar interest. People who are genuine will continue to be genuine as time goes on. Now, when it comes to meeting in real life, I always follow safety guidelines for any activity on the internet. Meet in a public place with no expectations of anything more then getting to know each other. Depending on the location, I don't usually bring the dog (yes, I realize my story on another thread is to the contrary but I have learned over the years). I follow the same rules for vanilla dating, swinger couples, hook-ups, or even looking at a used car from Craigslist. Anyone who is pressuring you to move faster then you are comfortable with isn't a good fit and you should move on. Same said for anyone placing "requirements" to meet. So many women I have talked to said other owners have said they can play with the dog as long as ________ happens even after they express how uncomfortable she was. I look at it from the point of view that me and my dog partner are able to help a woman explore her sexuality but it is a very vulnerable sexual desire. The vulnerablility makes if difficult to trust someone. Placing requirements on top of that is just going to drive her away.

Sorry if I got off topic a little, I do feel your point about people and that trust needs to be earned.

Well, I am not totally anti-sharing. This guy's manipulative nature just chilled my blood. My hands were shaking uncontrollably.

It sounded like he had a history of really toxic relationships with non-owners. He apparently hates other zoophiles and regards most of us as "mentally ill."

But I could have told this guy, if you tend to let people into your life that are too quick to tell you what you want to hear, then what do you expect? Weak or shallow beliefs go with toxic personalities like peanut butter and jelly.

Maybe horrible things really have happened to this guy, but I think he brings it on himself.

I am willing to share most of my animals in our group, but yea there is no way I'm going to let someone I haven't known for years do anything with my animals.

I only wish that I could find I more consistent female zoo! So I fall under the category of (guys looking for females) as you say.

Don't need it, I have my pick of basicaly whatever I want. Would just like to have a consistent cool zoo chick to share it with.

Wish in one hand and S#!t in the other haha

Back