Best breed of goat?

Gdawg88

Tourist
Goats really appeal to me, they have much more personality than our sheep. And the fact that a doe has a lovely looking heat cycle I want to have sex with a goat and see how it compares to the ewes I’ve been with.
I’m looking for a large breed, bigger the better for ease of breeding. And a tendency for being a docile breed is important too since they will be near the house. Don’t want my kids getting butted by a crazy goat.
Any suggestions??

Goats really appeal to me, they have much more personality than our sheep. And the fact that a doe has a lovely looking heat cycle I want to have sex with a goat and see how it compares to the ewes I’ve been with.
I’m looking for a large breed, bigger the better for ease of breeding. And a tendency for being a docile breed is important too since they will be near the house. Don’t want my kids getting butted by a crazy goat.
Any suggestions??
I strongly suggest Nubians. They are just the right size, and have an excellent temperament. Boers are good also, but in my experience, Nubians have the better personality by comparison.

I strongly suggest Nubians. They are just the right size, and have an excellent temperament.
And highly advanced as well:

And highly advanced as well:
Yes. As Pes pointed out, they can also fly you to different planets in space.

I strongly suggest Nubians. They are just the right size, and have an excellent temperament. Boers are good also, but in my experience, Nubians have the better personality by comparison.
Thank you. Nubian was on my short list.
Nubian it is then.

Glad I could help, I hope you enjoy your goat experiences as much as I have. 😀
I hope so. I get a chub just thinking about it. Initially I figured to get a doe that has already kidded, so she would accommodate me. But the people I talk to about buying a doe suggest a bottle baby. Saying a bottle baby is such an attached pet. I was going to get three, once the homestead stuff slows down I planned to borrow a ram and breed the doe’s in a series to produce milk year round.
Do you have a preference? I’d rather not go through the hassle of a bottle baby, I have my hands full with a full time job, around 150 chickens, 100-175 quail, and around 30 sheep. Plus two kids and the house work.

I hope so. I get a chub just thinking about it. Initially I figured to get a doe that has already kidded, so she would accommodate me. But the people I talk to about buying a doe suggest a bottle baby. Saying a bottle baby is such an attached pet. I was going to get three, once the homestead stuff slows down I planned to borrow a ram and breed the doe’s in a series to produce milk year round.
Do you have a preference? I’d rather not go through the hassle of a bottle baby, I have my hands full with a full time job, around 150 chickens, 100-175 quail, and around 30 sheep. Plus two kids and the house work.
Does raised from kids are going to be super attached, this much is true. It’s also more likely that they will see you as a “partner”, or, at the very least, trust you considerably more than if you hadn’t raised them since birth. I have only ever raised goats this way, so I can’t say from first hand experience how much of a difference there is in behavior, but a friend of mine raised goats that they had bought as semi-adults, and hers were not nearly as attached to her as mine were to me.

If you do it right, you get ready for a ton of milk, goats are super producers, and creatures that will love you to death. They are mad escape artists though, so keeping them penned in any fashion, in my travels, has always been a bit of a struggle, but that is pretty much true of goats in general.

Yes. As Pes pointed out, they can also fly you to different planets in space.
I would like to purchase 1 space faring goat sex partner equipped with an FTL drive to expand my trading routes. Thanks!

All joking aside best of luck OP in your quest, I wouldn't mind entering into the goat realm one of these days!

Back