Are most zoophiles aromantic?

Macropos

Tourist
BANNED USER
The last decade's discourse on sexuality has led to a number of new terms being established that has hardly been treated seriously before. While a number of these are spurious or unnecessary hair splitting, i find the idea of "aromantics" rather interesting.

Aromanticism is, of course, the lack of ability to feel any romantic attraction at all, or not significantly enough to be of any importance, and it's heavily associated with asexuality. But there's also aromantic sexuality, which is what's interesting here.

That is of course, sexuality without romantic feelings, without the need for any deep emotional ties. This has often been thought of as unhealthy, dangerous, predatory - even among those claiming to be tolerant of all sexualities, something which is now questioned by those who claim "aromantics" to be a legit sexual orientation that should be respected.

Their view is basically that the fear of aromantic sexuality is based on conservative values, a glorification of "true, big love and romance" as necessary for any healthy sexual relation, and the lack of it is somehow dangerous and wrong.

While this discourse is pretty much limited to the politically correct LGBTQ movement (and currently not even that great within it), i'm thinking it really has a lot of impact on how society views zoophiles.

I'm convinced that most zoophiles are mostly aromantic, and the notion of "big romantic love" and monogamous relationships with an animal is overly promoted by zoos who want to make it seem more acceptable, more "normal" to non-zoos.

Sure, posters here and there are talking about their "great big love" for an animal partner, but i feel that they are mostly overblowing it, and they are a small minority anyway.

And one reason that our movement has had almost no success in making us more acceptable, is the fear of aromantic sexuality in the first place. Maybe if aromantic sexuality is seen as more normal and tolerated in general society, it will also make it easier for us to get accepted.

and what made you convinced most zoophiles are aromantic? the fetishist section?

posters here and there talking about their love may seem to you as a small minority, because "actual zoophiles" (read: ppl with genuine romantic attraction towards animals, not thrill-seekers, "zoo-wife" seekers or ppl into it "because it's so taboo") really are a very small minority. even on this forum.

i'm also pretty sure the main (and possibly the only) reason "our movement" has no and will likely never have any success is simply "sex with animals is bad"

So only people with monogamous relationships with their pets are "actual zoophiles" to you? (n)
You're exactly why this discourse is needed.

I love my dog more deeply than I've ever been able to feel towards another human, even my family. I cried when it came to bid my cats farewell, yet didn't shed a tear for any of my grandparents or my mother. Am I sexual with my dog? No. Would I like to be? Yes. Do I love him any less than we're not? Hell no.

With humans on the other hand. Loneliness and yes desire for a sexual relationship after a decade of identifying as asexual has driven me to seek companionship, but I'm definitely human aromantic. I just don't feel it or know how to try and pursue it. Of the 2 "relationships" I've managed to find in the past 7ish years of looking both have left me. The first because I wouldn't put out like the grindr whores he was used to. The second because after a year together there was, in his words, no signs of romance.

So I guess it's fair to say I'm definitely zoo romantic, but not human romantic.

So only people with monogamous relationships with their pets are "actual zoophiles" to you? (n)
You're exactly why this discourse is needed.
feel free to point out where i said monogamous. i like how you addressed literally nothing else in my reply except the one thing you felt you can build a strawman out of.

I'm convinced that most zoophiles are mostly aromantic, and the notion of "big romantic love" and monogamous relationships with an animal is overly promoted by zoos who want to make it seem more acceptable, more "normal" to non-zoos.
Yes, the monogamous sexual and romantic relationship that I share with my doggy wife, a relationship that I have to hide from all of society less she be seized and destroyed and my life ruined, is all a charade to convince non zoos how "normal" I am.

Yes, the monogamous sexual and romantic relationship that I share with my doggy wife, a relationship that I have to hide from all of society less she be seized and destroyed and my life ruined, is all a charade to convince non zoos how "normal" I am.
are you not promoting it everywhere you go?!

Back