• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

Anyone else here Autistic?

Z

Zetaman40

Just wondering if there are any other zoos here with autism? Please tell me I'm not alone. BTW a lot of people with autism do have a close connection with animals! Before anyone jumps the gun, no I'm not saying all zoos are autistic or vice versa, just that someone with a close and deep interest in animals is more predisposed for a sexual attraction as well. For me I've had a deep emotional and sexual attraction for animals since I was young: basically my whole life, people, I just lack both for, tbh honest socializing with people is really hard for me, with animals it always has come natural and effortless, I'm not sure how to explain it, I just relate a lot with them, and understand them and communicate non-verbally well with them on almost like a "telepathic" level (only word I could think of that comes close)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the world should a perfectly adorable cygnet ask for reassurance that he is an ugly duckling?

I have done so in the past, but eventually, I stopped trying to get good at being mediocre, and I am catching up on being awesome.

I have sought services for ASD before, but the fact of the matter was that I just had not found where in the world I fit in. I once chalked up the fact that I did not fit in to a lack of good social skills, but no amount of social skills will make you quite a fit for a society that has quite intentionally built itself around the concept of keeping you out of it at all costs. It is throwing good seed onto barren soil.

I have fixed that, and I get along alright, now.

Last edited:
I wasn't asking for reassurance that I'm a "ugly duckling", I was asking solely to see if there was anyone zoo on here that's autistic like me, being on the spectrum doesnt make you a lesser person! I just want to find someone with a similar mind whose experienced the world from a different view

I wasn't asking for reassurance that I'm a "ugly duckling", I was asking solely to see if there was anyone zoo on here that's autistic like me, being on the spectrum doesnt make you a lesser person! I just want to find someone with a similar mind whose experienced the world from a different view
I do have a different view, just not the one that I had previously thought.

I am not neurotypical, but I do not have Aspergers. I used to think that I did, but I think that I really have something else entirely going on.

I might argue that I could be bipolar, but I no longer believe that I have any illness that warrants the attention of a psychiatrist. Being weird does not make me mentally ill. Hibernating like a bear for months at a time and then later having outbursts of creativity accompanied by a sense of being touched by divine inspiration does not really constitute an illness. It constitutes a psychiatric curiosity, maybe, but in my current situation in life, I am getting along alright.

When I was a kid, it was proclaimed that I was "mentally ill," but I think that it was perfectly rational that, when a full grown man grabbed me from behind, I bit him on his hand viciously and began kicking him violently in the shins. If any child of mine did not do the same in that situation, then I would really be deeply disappointed.

I am glad to find that you also do not subscribe to the neurotypical-centric doctrine that anything that is not neurotypical inherently constitutes a defect. I laugh at the idea that mediocrity is conflated so with "health."

Took a couple tests skipped the brain scan and was told I was on the spectrum.
It explains my unending need to know how everything that is physical and non-living works. (My first word was apparently light as in light bulb) Also some social issues that i've worked out over time.

Back