• Suddenly unable to log into your ZooVille account? This might be the reason why: CLICK HERE!

A sleepy question

Schaf

Tourist
Hello, dear comunity!
I was wondering, does any of you sleep regularly with your partner? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a question for those whose mate belogs to a species normaly categorized as domestic pet, but rather for those hanging with farm animals (such as goats, sheep, cattle, etc...), because hey! It's obvious that sharing your bed with a dog does not require that much science.
Also, it would be appreciated if you could share your experiences and give some tips/advices.

Among almost all mammals family is defined as anyone you trust enough to go to sleep around. Prey species take it a step farther and add to watch out for you while you sleep. So sleeping with any animal you plan to trust (and trust doesn't get much deeper than swapping body juice) is a basic.

I appreciate your answer @caikgoch, but I ask for the "technical" details. For instance, sheep and goats sometimes defecate when lying, as well as urinate, not far away from the spot they were laying seconds before (both behaviors specially seen at night).
So, over the years I've shared with my girls, I've come with some ideas to reduce the mess and facilitate cleaning. Sadly none of my atemps have been 100% satisfactory.
In short, I want to know if someone else have faced similar issues, and their solves; plus, I included cattle in the main question because I'm curios if someone has mastered the risky art of sleeping with large animals (not necesssarily cattle, it could be equines too).

I've slept with horses many times. The first difference is that grass eaters don't sleep nearly as much as we do. An hour twice a day is normal for horses. They need the extra time to process enough grass to supply that huge body with energy. Next, DO NOT expect a large animal to sleep cuddled with you. I can lay on top of my stallion and sleep but he will continue to graze until I get off. He won't sleep with me laying against him or even too close. This is because all mammals require REM sleep. That's when you deam and have involuntary moments. Think dog running in his sleep then put yourself with the horse's head in your lap when he starts flailing around. But the fact that he can go to sleep with me sitting in a chair 5 yards away and wake up to find me still there and alert is very important to him.

Is it possible to house-train goats and sheep? It's possible with llamas, I think.

Is it possible to house-train goats and sheep? It's possible with llamas, I think.

Absolutely impossible, goat and sheep just poop all over. You can put a specially made sack under their butts though, kind of the same kind which horses in parades and city scape tend to wear.
They're also not that easy to train than a dog. I heard a hilarious story about a woman who tried to teach her goats to pee in one place by giving them a treat but instead they started bleating loudly and peeing the second they saw her approach them XD so not a success..

Some peeps keep hens and pigeons inside and make them wear trousers for poopin' since they can't be housebroken either.

I've only fantasized about sleeping with a mare and voiced the fantasy/desire, only for some people to tell me that horses don't rest on the same level as humans do, and that I could get injured when they investigate why I'm still lying down.

I, too, wonder if it's possible for a horse to be trained to lied down to sleep with a human to avoid injuring the human, and I mean cuddling with the larger body of the horse to keep warm at night and wake up next to her.

Like I said, this is all just a fantasy on my part. All I can do is just draw a scenario where a mare is lying down in a pit, lined with bear pelt, with a small boy spooned up right next to her belly, and her doting over him and watching over him while he sleeps.

I've only fantasized about sleeping with a mare and voiced the fantasy/desire, only for some people to tell me that horses don't rest on the same level as humans do, and that I could get injured when they investigate why I'm still lying down.

I, too, wonder if it's possible for a horse to be trained to lied down to sleep with a human to avoid injuring the human, and I mean cuddling with the larger body of the horse to keep warm at night and wake up next to her.

Like I said, this is all just a fantasy on my part. All I can do is just draw a scenario where a mare is lying down in a pit, lined with bear pelt, with a small boy spooned up right next to her belly, and her doting over him and watching over him while he sleeps.

As I noted above, my stallion will let me sleep on top of him but he will not sleep with me too close. He will stand watch while I sleep in a chair or on the ground and after 11 years has accepted that I sleep for longer than he does.

But it is unfair to expect a horse to skip their sleep for your pleasure. Children would be a different subject. They care for their foals that way.

Lotsa luck - Sheep and goats just "let fly" wherever they happen to be standing. Llamas, on the other hand, (As well as alpacas, but they don't seem quite so "committed" to the idea the way llamas are) naturally do the "midden pile" thing - They choose specific "this is where I pee/poo" locations, and if kept away from that area when they need to "go", will get frantic before finally (and visibly) doing the "Well, can't be helped - gotta go and that's that" thing and dumping as close to their normal midden pile as they can get.

I was once in the process of initial anal penetration (at her request - she kept tilting her hind end as I tried to enter her, moving so that instead of slipping into her vagina as was usual, my penis left her vulva and pressed against her anus instead - I took this to mean she preferred that I mate her anally that day, and having no objections to the idea, was quite happy to comply with her wishes) of a female llama when I bumped against the stash of "beans" just inside her. Just as I made contact and realized she was "full" back there, she jumped up and ran away - directly to her pile, where she pooped and peed, then in what was all-too-obviously a happy run, she came back to where I was sitting on the ground looking puzzled as I watched her do her business, kushed in front of me, and wiggled herself into position to present herself for penetration, which I did - I still wanted to mate her vaginally, but she continued to insist that anal was the style she wanted, and that's what we did - I covered her and left my seed as deep in her rectum as I could reach, and she sat there gurgling happily and trying to lick my face and ears during and after.

Back